Pioneering Members to be Honored by Pasadena Sister Cities
The Pasadena Sister Cities Committee will be dedicating an addition to its monument in honor of the pioneering members of the five sister cities with the City of Pasadena on Saturday, March 8, from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Pasadena Convention Center.
These members were instrumental in developing the initial relationships and continuing programs with their respective sister cities. Each spent many hours working with local members and, in some cases, traveling to the sister city to strengthen ties with that city’s committee.
The following PSCC members will be honored:
• Willard and Virginia Olwin, Ludwigshafen, Germany, 1948
• Jiro Morita, Mishima, Japan, 1957
• Alvar Lauri Kauti, Järvenpää, Finland, 1983
• Marguerite Hougasian, Vanadzor, Armenia, 1991
• Elmer and Ginger Christensen, Xicheng, Beijing, China, 1999
Mayor Bill Bogaard will address the gathering, and the honorees or family representatives will give a few comments regarding their roles in the building of programs with their respective sister cities and the City of Pasadena.
The Rafu Shimpo